Your privacy and the protection of your personal data are a priority for us. We therefore ask you to read carefully our Privacy and Data Protection Policy where we describe who we are, for what purposes we treat your personal data, how we treat it, with whom we share it, for how long we keep it and how you can exercise your rights.
Urbem (“Urbem”, “we”, “our”) is a non-profit association that is on the process of being incorporated, consisting entirely of volunteers aiming to create spaces of city biodiversity, through the planting of urban forests, with the purpose of creating links between the community and nature and fostering sustainable living (our “Services”).
Urbem hereby undertakes to protect personal data of users of the Urbem website. Any personal data we gather is used to aid the provision of our services.
All personal information collected is safely stored and available only to volunteers whose tasks require access to such information. All Urbem volunteers are under obligation to respect the principles of privacy protection.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information that you provide to us directly. In order to use our services, we collect the following data:
- Your name;
- Your email address.
How and Why We Use The Information We Collect
We only collect and use the information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services and communicate with you.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services.
- For the purpose of volunteer recruitment
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the terms and provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 (GDPR).
- We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
How Long We Keep Information
- We generally discard information about you when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we’re not legally required to keep it.
- Your personal data will be anonymised or deleted if your last interaction with our Services was over 5 years ago.
- We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
- The processing of personal data shall only occur under instructions from Urbem or a certified and allowed third party, unless a natural or legal person is required to so by law.
- We ensure reasonable efforts to check that the consent given is in line with the law.
- Request access to your personal data, as well as to the purposes of the processing, the category of the data, the recipients, the intended storage period and the existence or otherwise of automated decisions, including the definition of profiles;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data, if they are inaccurate or incomplete;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data, whenever it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed, whenever consent is withdrawn when this is the only legal basis for the processing, whenever you object to the processing in cases where it is done for the purposes of direct marketing, or whenever your data have been processed unlawfully;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data, whenever you contest the accuracy of your personal data and during the period of time in which we verify the accuracy of such data, whenever the processing is illicit and in the circumstance that you have opposed the erasure of the data, wanting only the limitation of its use, or whenever your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were processed, but are nevertheless required by you for the purpose of declaration, exercise or defense of a right in a legal proceeding;
- Request portability of your personal data, which means that you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and automatically readable format, and also the right to pass on such data to another controller;
- You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
You should note that in certain cases (e.g. due to legal requirements), your request may not be fulfilled immediately. In any case, you will be informed without delay about the reasons why we did not comply with your request.
The Right to Object
If you consider that, in the course of processing your personal data, we committed any violation of European Regulation on data protection and privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Additionally, you can file a complaint with your Personal Data Protection Agency.
The information in our Privacy and Data Protection Policy can be updated at any time, so we recommend that you consult this page regularly. Whenever our Privacy and Data Protection Policy changes, you will be informed when you visit our website.